Ngaugelayouts.com is a website for the model railroader about N scale trains and planning
and constructing N gauge layouts. Author Tony Neilson has written the book "Getting Started In N
Scale Model Railroading" which is available for instant download from this website. The e-book
covers a range of topics relating to building n gauge layouts including:
- The Main Advantages of Choosing N scale
- Gauge or Scale?
- Rail Weights and Codes
- What’s different between HO and OO?
- Is N-Scale Right for You?
- What to Buy?
- Let’s Run the Train!
- Proper Car Placement in Trains
- Correct Weights for Freight and Passenger Cars
- Ensuring Couplers Operate Smoothly
- Giving the Railroad a Function
- Form a Space Plan
- Design Considerations
- Sample Track Plan – Basic N Scale Layout
- Building a Layout from the Floor Up
- Over Hill, Over Dale
- Electrical Considerations
- Digital Command and Control
- Bring the Miniature World to Life
- Making the Most of Space When Including Industries
- Industries to Include On a Layout
- Yard Design Considerations
- How to Interest Others in the Layout
- Confusing Terms Made Simple
- Yard Configuration Terms
- Track Configuration Term
- Operation Terms
- Train Control Terms
- Signal Terms
- Railroad Employee Designations
- N scale Plans
- And more!
Return to N Gauge Layouts main page